Mailing Address: 1735 York Avenue, Suite A, New York, NY 10128
GARY H. GOLDMAN, M.D.
Gynecology, Integrative Women's Health, Functional Medicine
Holistic Gynecology is the type of care we all seek: smart, grounded in science, yet tempered by a thoughtful, individualized holistic and natural medicine approach unique to each person. As a holistic gynecologist in NYC practicing holistic medicine, Dr. Gary Goldman draws from the world of traditional medicine, alternative medicine and integrative functional medicine to make recommendations that are specific to you and your needs with a gentle, caring and insightful manner.
Board Certifications and Training
Dr. Goldman’s background in both traditional and alternative medicine makes him uniquely qualified to provide you with this integrative approach. Dr. Gary Goldman was trained in Obstetrics and Gynecology at New York Presbyterian Hospital / Cornell Medical College and is a board-certified Ob/Gyn through the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He is also trained in Functional Medicine and is one of few fully Certified Practitioners by the Institute for Functional Medicine. Dr. Goldman was one of the first Ob/Gyns in the nation to be certified in advanced laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists. He has spent more than 25 years caring for his patients in a gracious private practice setting.
Dr. Goldman regularly reviews current medical research, incorporating the latest advances from the medical literature into his clinical approach to care. His interest in research began in college when he published a study on the neurobiology of aging. He continued his research activities in medical school, earning a medical degree with Distinction in Research. He published an additional study on Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) during his Ob/Gyn residency.
Our NYC facility is a center for a holistic approach to women’s health care. Dr. Goldman spends the time necessary to carefully listen to each patient’s concerns and then enlists the patient in formulating a care plan that is unique to each patient’s issues and her values. Many patients are seeking a more natural and gentle approach to their health than more traditional practices provide. Dr. Goldman’s training and experience in alternative medicine and Functional Medicine qualify him to expand the usual and customary options.
With this unique and broad holistic GYN background and experience, he draws from the fields of traditional medicine, integrative medicine, and functional medicine, combining them into an integrative, holistic customized approach to evaluate and improve your health.
Holistic Gynecology – Q&A
What is a holistic gynecologist?
A holistic GYN provides healthcare throughout a woman’s life and includes integrative medicine, functional medicine, and traditional medicine. Our holistic approach emphasizes natural therapies that promote wellness for the body, mind, and spirit that are complementary to traditional medicine. Holistic gynecology is wellness, education, nutrition, thoughtful analysis, deep investigation, and disease prevention. Holistic gynecology always includes the best aspects of traditional gynecological services, such as pap-smears, laboratory testing, breast exams, ultrasound and prescription medications when needed.
What does Holistic Gynecology emphasize?
• Considering the many needs, concerns, and goals of each individual.
• Looking at the whole, entire person.
• Addressing the concerns specific to every chapter in a woman’s life cycle.
• Taking the time to understand each person’s value system.
• Listening carefully, without interruption, to the entire story.
• Treating the root cause of illness, not just the symptoms.
• Offering all relevant alternative options with a straightforward explanation of each.
• Providing guidance, encouragement, and support.
• Being available.
• Providing confidentiality and intelligence in a nurturing environment.
• Respecting you and your perspectives.
• Helping you gain insight into your health.
• Building long-term, trusting relationships.
What does Holistic Gynecology uniquely provide?
• Dietary and nutrition guidance
• Nutritional supplements and Vitamins
• Bio-identical hormones
• Offering alternative medicine options that are backed by solid studies.
• Presenting the most current literature and incorporating it into realistic options.
• Seeking a gentle, natural and non-toxic approach to care.
• Providing preventative medicine by seeking early diagnoses of and intervention for pre-symptomatic problems.
• Genetic analysis
What conditions are treated by Holistic Gynecology?
• Menopause / Hot Flashes / Night Sweats
• Decreased Sex Drive / Libido
• Sexual Pain and Dysfunction / Vaginal Dryness
• Mental Fog / Poor Memory
• Endometriosis / Pelvic Pain
• Bone loss / Osteoporosis / Osteopenia
• Polycystic Ovary Syndrome / PCOS
• Thyroid Dysfunction / Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
• PMS / Depression / Anxiety
• Menstrual Irregularities / Irregular Periods / Heavy Periods
• Recurrent Vaginal infections / Yeast Infections / Bacterial Vaginosis
• Recurrent Bladder Infections / UTI’s
• Abnormal Pap Smears / HPV / Cervical Dysplasia
• Sexually Transmitted Diseases
• Ovarian Cysts
• Infertility / Fertility Evaluations
• Contraception / IUD’s / Birth Control Pills